Bursting with Outdoor Adventure
Sylva is at the hem of a myriad of popular hiking trails. Reach for new heights at Pinnacle Park Trail and Waterrock Knob or explore the valley in Panthertown. Situated along the banks of the Tuckasegee River, Dillsboro offers world-class trout fishing as well as opportunities for rafting, tubing, kayaking, and more.
Culture & Charm
Have an eclectic mountain adventure strolling the streets of downtown Sylva and Dillsboro. The historic towns offer whimsical gift shops and one-of-a-kind boutiques plus plenty of options for grabbing a bite to eat. Hunt for vintage treasures at one of the many antique shops, share a bottle of wine at Papou’s Wine Shop or indulge in a festive meal at Lulu’s on Main.
- Boots Steakhouse: Located in Dillsboro, this laidback steakhouse delivers “the best hand-cut steaks in the Smokies.”
- Lulu’s on Main: Situated right on Main Street in Sylva, Lulu’s serves eclectic fare in an edgy-meets-retro atmosphere.
- Guadaloupe Cafe: Self-described as “locally sourced & deliciously quirky” this eatery offers farm-to-table culinary delights.
- City Lights Bookstore: A Main Street staple since 1985, this bookstore sells new and used books, cards, and gifts.
- Treasure’s Unknown: A must for antique hunters, this shop offers one-of-a-kind gifts and furniture.
- Humanite Boutique: This local shop sells on-trend clothes, accessories, and home decor while giving 10% of profits to charity.
- Balsam Falls Brewing: Located on Main Street in Sylva, Balsam Falls focuses on classic styles brewed with local ingredients.
- Innovation Brewing: With live music, fun events, and a range of craft beers on tap, Innovation is the go-to for hop lovers.
- Innovation Station: A second Innovation location in Dillsboro brings even more craft beer to the western NC mountains.